Lacie has been a Green Bird for over a year now. I first met Lacie when she was pregnant with her little one, Owen. It's been amazing to watch Lacie grow stronger and stronger. We love her happy mood and smile no matter how much she is sweating at the barre. Lacie was an easy choice to highlight this month as our Green Bird of the Month with her can-do attitude and ability to push through a 3 minute plank with no problem!
Green Bird of the Month: Lacie Peterson
- 1. Where are you from?
- Port Lavaca, TX
- 2. What's your day job?
- Mom and Nutritional Therapy Practitioner. I recently made the decision to leave the government relations field to stay home with my baby boy and grow my nutrition and wellness coaching business.
- 3. Do you have a personal motto or something to keep you motivated when things get tough?
- I truly believe in the power of positive thinking and that mindset is half the battle when life deals you some big ol' lemons. Easier said then done, I know, but when I remember I have a choice in how I react to things, the going does get easier!
- 4. Favorite restaurant/meal after a long day?
- Homemade chicken soup is such a comfort to me, and I always have some stashed in the freezer. However, if it's been a REALLY long day, nothing boosts morale like the guacamole cheese enchiladas at El Patio on Guadalupe.
- 5. Famous dinner party guests:
- I'm not sure how festive this motley crew would be, but I think some good stories would be shared. Here's my list: Waylon Jennings, Dolly Parton, Robin Williams, Wanda Sykes, and Richard Overton (Austin's own local celebrity and oldest surviving WWII vet.)
- 6. How does Green Bird keep you in shape and help you move?
- I came to Green Bird 13 weeks pregnant and continued barre workouts through week 39. Yes, I knew labor would be...laborious...but had no clue what a full body workout it would be, especially for my core and legs. If it hadn't been for all those barre classes I would not have had the stamina or physical strength to keep going through 24 hours of natural labor. Staying in shape while pregnant absolutely sped up my postpartum recovery and helps me today be the physically able mama I want to be for my son. I've never felt better!
- 7. Favorite thing about Green Bird?
- The killer playlists! Seriously, the music IS amazing but my favorite thing about Green Bird is the inclusive, welcoming and unpretentious environment Lauren and all the instructors have created. No matter your age, shape or skill level, Green Bird is an amazing studio to work on your fitness.
- 8. Favorite place to travel to:
- Lake Tahoe
- 9. What's on your bucket list?
- Travel! We've got big plans to take our kiddo to all the cool places we've never gotten to see. Starting a homestead and growing/raising most of my own food.