Michele has been taking classes at Green Bird for over a year now and we have loved every minute of it. She's around all the time, taking about 4-5 classes a week. Michele's sense of humor and smile make every class so much fun. There have been many classes where I am doubled over in laughter because of something Michele (and Kelly's, Michele's daughter, is probably there too piling on) says. We couldn't imagine 5am classes without Michele! Read below to find out more about Michele, her fitness goals, and bucket list!
Green Bird Spotlight: Michele Lepine
- Where are you from?
- I was born in Colorado Springs, CO. I am one of six kids born into a military family. The two oldest brothers were born in Germany, my brother and I in Colorado Springs, my brother in Kentucky, and my sister in San Antonio. When my dad retired, we moved to Austin in 1965 and I’ve lived here ever since.
- What's your day job?
- I am an Interior Designer and currently design kitchens and baths and sell appliances for Wilson Appliance in Dripping Springs.
- What keeps you motivated when things get tough?
- When things get tough I try to focus on the positive aspects of my life and the positives of the situation I find myself in. Sometimes, this seems like a ridiculous task and I have to get very creative. But when it becomes a challenge to find the positive where there is none, before I know it I’ve turned myself around to being grateful and surprised. I will allow myself to wallow in pity for a while because that feels good too. Then, I have to find a way out so I can be happy and then I do!
- Favorite restaurant?
- I love Indian food and the closest one in South Austin that I really like is Corianders.
- You're having a dinner party with famous people--- who would they be?
- Willy Nelson, Patty Smith, Jon Stewart, Chris Rock, Dr. Seuss, Frank Zappa and Malcolm Nance! Wow…would that be a crazy dinner!!!!
- How does Green Bird keep you in shape and help you move?
- I’ve been going to Greenbird for a year now and average about 4 classes/week. I have always kept in shape by going to classes and a gym but I got off track and bored with that and didn’t work out for about a year prior to joining Greenbird. I always loved Pilates but only worked out to DVD’s. I was very happy to see this studio sprout up near my house. I was hooked after my first class and now I can’t imagine life without Greenbird! I love how flexible I am, how strong my core is and how good I feel. I have a very demanding life and I don’t think I could keep up with it without the balance, strength, coordination and positive mental attitude that comes with regular exercise. I love that there are classes at 5:00 am and all day long and the weekends so that I NEVER have an excuse of not being able to find a time to devote to my physical goals.
- What do you like most about Green Bird?
- I love the unique space and location of the Greenbird. I love Lauren and Jeff’s positive and happy outlook on life and how they make the classes so fun – the music, the routines and their genuine interest in the people who take classes there. I like all the instructors I’ve taken classes from and look forward to seeing them every week. And, I like all the people in the classes – everyone is so friendly and happy to be around. I like feeling like I am a part of a good community of people.
- Where do you like to travel? Or where you would go if you could vacation anywhere?
- I love the beach the best of any vacation: the white sands and turquoise water of Destin, Fl., Cozumel and the Bahamas are the best fun I’ve ever had. I love to snorkel and just float in the waves. A margarita is also a very handy accessory at the beach.
- What's on your bucket list?
- One day I would love to have all the time in the world to pursue my other interests of creating art: painting, drawing, sewing, furniture re-finishing, taking classes, learning new things, textile design…anything creative. To have the mental space available to create and then execute a design and have the time to do it is something I hope to do in the future. Of course, I would love to travel to any parts unknown too: Europe, Canada, the Virgin Islands, Thailand, Japan, Lubbock!! (just kidding!)