We can't believe it's already been 1 year that Keri has been teaching classes! Keri is such a positive light every time she is in the studio. She motivates you so gently and then all of a sudden you realize how much you're working. Fun facts about Keri: she has 6 sisters and is originally from Canada! Learn more about this sweet and fabulous gal below! Here's to many years together at Green Bird!
Happy 1-Year Teaching Anniversary, Keri!
- Where are you from?
- I’m originally from North Bay, Ontario, Canada, but I’ve lived in Austin since I was three.
- What's your day job?
- I am co-owner and president of an IT consulting firm. We started the company as a family business in 2002, so we’re coming up on our 15-year anniversary next month which is pretty exciting. My primary job is to oversee the sales operations, but since it’s a small company, I wear a lot of different hats.
- Do you have a personal motto or something to keep you motivated when things get tough?
- Don’t be afraid to fail – be afraid to stop trying. Treat others the way you want to be treated. And especially as a mom, I try to constantly remind myself that “the days are long but the years are short.”
- What’s your favorite restaurant or meal after a long day?
- Definitely Mexican food! Friday is “Margarita Friday” for us, but I prefer a good Mexican martini (with extra olives) and of course chips and queso.
- If you could have a dinner party with any famous people, living or dead, who would they be?
- Jesus, Ronald Reagan, Princess Diana, and Jennifer Aniston
- How does Green Bird Fitness help you keep in shape and move?
- 1) I’ve always been a fitness enthusiast, but it wasn’t until I started doing barre at Green Bird that I started to see muscle definition that I’d never had before. The workouts are challenging – you really DO get stronger after each one - and I love that we work out to great music. I also love that you can be lean and strong while still being kind to your body.
- What do you like most about Green Bird Fitness?
- Green Bird is different than any other studio I’ve been to. The workouts are awesome of course, but I’d have to say the thing I like most is the people. The owners and other instructors are wonderful people to work with, and our clients are the best. Everyone is authentic, and the atmosphere is always positive. Clients are always welcoming and encouraging to each other, and it’s always fun to see the friendly competition during our challenges. I’ve made some great friends through Green Bird over this last year!
- Where is your favorite place to travel to?
- I’ve been to some cool places, but I really love going to Destin, Florida every August with my husband and kids. It’s beautiful, fun, and relaxing, and I always come back feeling refreshed.
- What’s on your bucket list?
- Skydiving and participating in a mission trip