We can't believe it's been one year since Lacey started teaching here at Green Bird! With her teaching anniversary coming up in May we thought it would be fun to learn more about this hip hop-blasting barre-ista.
Lacey's One Year Teaching Anniversary
- Where are you from? Tell us a little bit about yourself.
- Sugarland, TX outside of Houston. We played golf a lot….my whole family plays golf. I won district championship when senior in high school. My family also had a deer lease and we grew up hunting and fishing. My dad would do those bass competitions that you see on TV. Once we got off of the deer lease it became family golf. Every trip we played golf. We went to Disney World and we would have a tee time at 7am and play golf. Then we would go to the park in the afternoon.
- What do you do for a living?
- Landscape designer. I managed estate properties in Austin. I also ran an embroidery business where I made children’s clothing. I mostly make stuff for my kids now. Now, I have changed gears and own Lacey Kaye Creations Vinyl Edition where I design and create tanks and t-shirts. I'm also a SeneGence Distributor Extraordinaire!
- Do you have a personal motto or something to keep you motivated when things get tough?
- Always Show Up. Even if you don’t think you want to go. See whatever it is has to offer. Of course: Be Kind. That’s the motto for my kids.
- If you could have a dinner party with any famous people, living or dead, who would they be?
- Robin Williams and Tom Hanks.
- Where is your favorite place to travel?
- Tahiti, but not it’s my favorite place to go, but it is somewhere I would want to go. My favorite place to go is Colorado in the summer or the winter.
- What’s on your bucket list?
- Deep sea fishing. I have always wanted to go and we always go to the beach and I always say hmmmm maybe the next trip.
- What do you like most about Green Bird Fitness?
- I love the clients. I love getting to know everybody. Everyone has such great stories and the regulars are so nice to new clients. Everyone was like “WELCOME!” when two new girls came in. I love that it can just be you and me and we are able to work out. When you go to big studios there are 25 people class and it’s your first class ever. You’re assuming everyone in there knows exactly what they are doing. At Green Bird it’s not as intense and intimidating. I love our clients. Our music selections are awesome. Beyoncé brings all the birds to the yard.
- When you’re not at Green Bird or teaching what do you do for fun?
- Family stuff. Anything outdoors. We like to go to the creek and swim or go to Zilker. We love to go hiking.